michelleknits

My name is Michelle, and I knit. This is me, knitting. Well, it's not me, it's my blog. Yes, this is my blog. And I knit. I'm learning more every day. Well, not every day but most days. Oh, and I'm vegan. I like it that way.

Sunday, December 03, 2006

"The Bins"


It might look like any other old Goodwill on the outside, but it is

(da da dun) . . . "the bins!"

BINS, BINS! everywhere BINS!

big, small, young, old, everyone making their way to wade through the junk for their own piece of thrify heaven. And there was quite a lot to sift through. We saw drawings, old letters, a man banging out the dust of a vacuum cleaner into a big grey cloud . . .


Ross and Amelia checking out a coat


Here's a woman trying to wade through the madness, walking away with fabric, felt, sewing patterns, paints, muffin tins, and the all important, Little Professor! The good stuff's at the bottom, they say!

We are no longer bins virgins. Look how we made out!

p.s. Aaron got a robot with a remote control!

11 Comments:

Blogger Stacey said...

That's awesome! I can't wait to come over and play Little Professor!

Sunday, December 03, 2006 10:32:00 PM  
Blogger jen said...

i used to have a little professor!!

Monday, December 04, 2006 7:32:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that looks like a lot of fun!

Monday, December 04, 2006 8:14:00 AM  
Blogger spajonas said...

holy moses! you could probably spend a whole day there wading through the fun stuff :)

Monday, December 04, 2006 10:05:00 AM  
Blogger vania said...

i love bin events like this. we have a 'stuff a bag for a buck' place here and you reminded me i should make the trek out to do it!

Wednesday, December 06, 2006 9:04:00 PM  
Blogger Carla said...

Thrfting fun! We used to have a "Buy the Pound" store downtown but it moved to the burbs. They'd bring out a new set of bins at certain times of the day and the scavengers were at the ready.

Thursday, December 07, 2006 9:28:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ah! you are so lucky! we had a goodwill "buy the pund" but they tore it down for condos- sniff!
:)

Thursday, December 07, 2006 5:24:00 PM  
Blogger jess (of Get Sconed!) said...

That's amazing! I have yet to make it out, silly me.

Thursday, December 07, 2006 5:37:00 PM  
Blogger krissy said...

another torontonian who mourns the loss of "buy the pound" which was similar to your "bins" goodwill. looks like you and your friends scored big! ps: look at aaron's cute new 'do! i love it!!

Saturday, December 09, 2006 1:01:00 AM  
Blogger carrie said...

i could *still* use a little professor. fabulous finds!

Sunday, December 10, 2006 11:18:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We went to a Goodwill like yours in Tucson but I have to say that we felt lucky to get out without being eaten by one of the bins full of CRAP! The stuff was so awful I can't believe they were selling it at all. My husband, for a joke, took a record to the counter, that was just loose without a jacket, and that was broken, to ask how much it was. Fifty cents!

Glad you have a better one near you and got some nice items!

Nice haircut, Aaron!

Sunday, December 10, 2006 9:14:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home