michelleknits

My name is Michelle, and I knit. This is me, knitting. Well, it's not me, it's my blog. Yes, this is my blog. And I knit. I'm learning more every day. Well, not every day but most days. Oh, and I'm vegan. I like it that way.

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Crafty Wonderland


. . . a beautiful sight / we're happy tonight . . .


Cause it was fun and we sold stuff!


Vanessa was a great table mate



I'd like to tell you more, but I am ti-red!

Ok, I got in some really great pillow time last night, so I can tell you more. It was super crowded cause it was the holiday one, and at first that was very overwhelming. I just kept smiling a lot and saying hi. I thought it would get boring, but the time went by really fast. As soon as I finished setting up, crowds of people came in. We were busy talking to people the whole time. Halfway in we ate hot chili from a thermos. Yay for the thermos! A lot of friends stopped by: of course AA and Chris, John, and Enoch but also Jess and Sara and Ross and Amelia and Leigh and Seth and Jackie and Karla . . . Yay for friends! And yay for the woman who bought 4 pairs of earrings, 12 pendants, and all of Vanessa's face scrubs!

I didn't sign up to sell at Handmade Bazaar next week cause I thought that that might be too much craft fair for me, but now I wished I had, cause I'm ready for more! But there's a bunch of things I've been wanting to make for myself and just a ton of things that have piled up that I kept saying "After Crafty Wonderland..." to everything, so I'm also relieved that it's over, too.

11 Comments:

Blogger Megan said...

Sounds like so much fun! Your table looks great - what did you make?

More feet pics!!

Monday, December 11, 2006 6:14:00 AM  
Blogger Ruby Banshee said...

Curses! All week I've been looking forward to going, but the day got away from me.
I'm glad it was fun....do you have a table again next week?

Monday, December 11, 2006 6:39:00 AM  
Blogger vania said...

Looks like fun! I've heard from other crafters who sell things at fairs that it can indeed be tiring. Is that your stuff in the first photo? Looks great!

Monday, December 11, 2006 8:36:00 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Oh, too bad ruby banshee! It would have been fun to meet you! We could only sign up for one day for Crafty Wonderland so if you go next Sunday it will be completely different vendors!

Megan and Vania, yep! That's my stuff! On my table: earrings with vintage glass, paper, etc., glass stitch markers/pendants, rice -n- spice pillows for heating up and putting on your neck or back (with basmati rice and all kinds of spices!), knitted cabley-headbands, hand-stamped Prince and Talking Heads cards, and felt change purses, check book covers, etc. I also made a bag and some necklaces but they didn't fit until later in the fair.

(I didn't end up making any more aprons, though I originally thought that was the main thing I was going to sell when I signed up!)

Monday, December 11, 2006 10:22:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What yarn did you use for the headbands? They look like a smaller version of Cherry Garcia from Hello Yarn - is that true?

Monday, December 11, 2006 12:25:00 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I used worsted weight yarn from my stash. Double stranded.

It's not the cherry garcia. From what I know, you can't sell an item knit from someone else's pattern. Not that I'd desire to anyways. What's the fun in that?

Monday, December 11, 2006 3:32:00 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

Wow, you did some serious crafting! I am so impressed, you're like a pro! I think the rice n spice pillows are such a great idea - and the earrings, the cards, oh my! Inspiration abounds!

Monday, December 11, 2006 7:58:00 PM  
Blogger jen said...

i love the "kiss" cards - one of my favorite songs EVER.

that's cool that you made those warming pillows with different spices, because the commercially available ones always have lavender in them and i absolutely DESPISE the smell of lavender. in fact a warming pillow that i got as a gift was what made me realize that i hate the smell of lavender. i thought there was something wrong with the pillow because it smelled so awful, but then someone else told me "it's supposed to smell that way, that's the lavender." anyhoo, i'm going to steal your idea and make myself one of those with something that smells good, like cloves.

congrats on your first craft fair!

Tuesday, December 12, 2006 9:44:00 AM  
Blogger krissy said...

your display of goodies looks so awesome! i love the collegiate-looking "m" sign with the stitch markers. so frickin' cute!

i'm bubbling over with pride...so happy you did well and had fun! that's what it's all about, afterall!

xo

Tuesday, December 12, 2006 2:00:00 PM  
Blogger Brooklyn Handspun said...

All the items look great - congrats on the awesome sales! Craft fairs can be hit or miss sometimes...but they are fun.

Thursday, December 14, 2006 1:57:00 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

Also . . . what kind of stamp set do you have (for the cards)? Know of any good place to buy neat stamps on the internet?

Thursday, December 14, 2006 7:07:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home