michelleknits

My name is Michelle, and I knit. This is me, knitting. Well, it's not me, it's my blog. Yes, this is my blog. And I knit. I'm learning more every day. Well, not every day but most days. Oh, and I'm vegan. I like it that way.

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Michelle knits . . . in the new year


So I think if this blog is going to be anything in the new year, it's going to be exclusively a knitting/craft blog again. We'll see. It's not because I feel like it's wrong or straying from the content of my blog to talk about non-knitting things, but rather, I think there might be other places I want to put those things, if anywhere, in the new year. My new favorite thing to say: "in the new year." Like, "In the new year...I will have more potlucks" or "Let's see each other more in the new year" or "Let's see more movies in the theatre in the new year."

This, my knitting friends, is my first sock of the new year. The pattern is here, I cast on during my Christmas day layover in Vegas, and here is where it's been at for about a week. I've got three balls of this color (purchased almost a year ago -- at the same time that I bought the yarn to make the Broadripple socks and the Lacy Wings socks), and I'm excited to have enough yarn to make these loooong! I've done 12 repeats of the pattern (instead of the suggested five), and I think it might finally be as long as I want it. Perhaps I'll start the heel today...

20 Comments:

Blogger spajonas said...

yeah! glad to see you back and knitting! long socks are the best :)

Sunday, January 14, 2007 2:54:00 PM  
Blogger Ruby Banshee said...

I sense that, in the new year, you'll be making more socks.

In the new year, I hope to post on my blog (I haven't since October!).

Sunday, January 14, 2007 3:30:00 PM  
Blogger schrodinger said...

My comment disappeared... mmmmm.

Just wanted to say that it's great to see you knitting again.

Sunday, January 14, 2007 3:39:00 PM  
Blogger krissy said...

happy new year, michelle! i hope you had a wonderful visit with your sister and little miss ruby! your socks are a great colour...

Sunday, January 14, 2007 10:31:00 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

You're here! Well, I know you've been here, but it's good to see you HERE! What a lovely pink bubblegum sock. They will be so cute.

Monday, January 15, 2007 7:26:00 AM  
Blogger Megan said...

You're here! Well, I know you've been here, but it's good to see you HERE! What a lovely pink bubblegum sock. They will be so cute.

Monday, January 15, 2007 7:26:00 AM  
Blogger MeBeth said...

I've been obsessed with knee socks lately, I just wish they didn't take so much longer to finish!

Monday, January 15, 2007 8:17:00 AM  
Blogger nicole said...

Hi Michelle,
First, I'd like to say I really love your blog.

Second, you should know that I've just had an amazing culinary trip to NYC. I visited many of your favourite vegan haunts based on stuff I read on your blog. Thanks to you I'm now totally obsessed with Babycakes.

You can read all about it on my new blog:
http://www.coco-knits.blogspot.com/

(I would have linked to your blog, but I don't yet know how to do this. I'm still wet behind the ears.)

Anyway, thanks!

Nicole

Monday, January 15, 2007 1:28:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice! i think 2007 will be my year of finally knitting some socks.

Monday, January 15, 2007 4:14:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Michelle,
(this is Erica from the potluck)
I always wear kneesocks, but have never knit them. Do you knit elastic into the tops to keep them up? Or do you wear sock suspenders(!!)? I have been knitting since, well, 14 years or so I've been knitting, but hats are the most adventurous I've been. So, you could say I haven't been terribly adventurous. :P

Monday, January 15, 2007 7:58:00 PM  
Blogger carrie said...

ugh, my comment didn't post. anyway, blog about whateva you want. we're glad you're back!

Monday, January 15, 2007 8:08:00 PM  
Blogger vania said...

I'm glad you're back too, and blog whatever you feel like. I stray too sometimes but it keeps me excited about blogging when i do.

Those socks look great. You are the sock queen!

Tuesday, January 16, 2007 8:12:00 AM  
Blogger jen said...

i adore your new sock! happy new year!

Tuesday, January 16, 2007 10:13:00 AM  
Blogger Carla said...

Happy gnu year, Michelle! I've been knitting socks lately too. It's such a nice treat to wear handmade socks. Nice colour!

Tuesday, January 16, 2007 10:36:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a classy thing to say- similar to "let's do lunch." "keep the change." "In the new year has it's time though, you kinds have to stop saying it after mid february, otherwise people will think you have new-year envy :)

Thursday, January 18, 2007 1:00:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pretty socks--and happy New Year!

Monday, January 22, 2007 9:54:00 PM  
Blogger jess (of Get Sconed!) said...

Of course it's the 23rd and I've seen you since then...but Happy New Year!

Tuesday, January 23, 2007 11:57:00 AM  
Blogger nicole said...

Hey Michelle,
It's me again. Thanks for stopping by my newborn blog! I'm glad there are people out there that understand that I'm not exaggerating about my complete obsession with Babycakes.

Hi, my name is Nicole and I'm a babycakesoholic.

Friday, January 26, 2007 7:03:00 PM  
Blogger Ninni said...

Hi Michelle!

Just wondering, which cardigan are you making from Vintage knits? I just started making the ribbed cardigan.

Monday, January 29, 2007 1:18:00 PM  
Blogger jae said...

great colour!
and yeah, let's hear it for "in the new year"! in the new year i'm gonna do my dishes right away, and keep in touch with people better, jump on the trampoline for 15 minutes a day, take deep breaths before i dig in to a meal, and get sugar out of my kitchen again...

Tuesday, February 06, 2007 12:53:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home