Finished Feather and Fan

feather and fan
I just finished the bamboo shawl/stole/scarf! What are the definitions of these items so I know what mine is? Oh, but I love it. I was thinking "oh god, it's gotten long enough, bind off already," and so I did, leaving half a skein of the bamboo over, but now (of course after I've bound off), I'm thinking it could have been even longer!

close up of the pattern and the lovely waving edge

It's color is more vibrant in real life.
I really can't believe how soft and lovely and glamorous it is and that I made it. What next? I think I'm going to try to make a quick scarf for Gavin's birthday next. She'll be surprised since we haven't exchanged gifts in a while since we moved away from each other. I'm thinking of using the rowan cotton braid in simple garter for it to be done quickly and easily in time for arrival by june 4. i'm not married to that idea, though.
Added later in the day... I started (and am almost done with) a quick garter stitch scarf for Gavin's birthday on June 4. I figured it would be a surprise, but Aaron suggested I call to see whether she likes blue or purple best. When I called, her number had changed, and her new message said "Gavin and Rob's place" so I'm dying to hear from her to see what is up.






0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home