Gavin's birthday scarf finished

Gavin's birthday scarf
I just finished Gavin's scarf. It's 110 rows (excluding cast on and bind off row) of garter stitch in purple/blue cotton rowan braid (the same scarf I made my mom for her birthday). It was very easy, and I could have completed it yesterday if I wasn't so tired. It's not an exciting or complicated knit project, but it's very soft so I think she'll like it. I'm goint to mail it on Tuesday, and it should probably get to her a day or so before her birthday. I'm wearing it now as I type. This is the second one I made, but I still don't have my own, so I'm going to enjoy it for an hour or two while I can, and then I'll wrap it and pack it up so it will be ready.

close up!
I posted a question for novice_knitters and 20s_knitters for the first time about my quick scarf question -- I want a nice, interesting scarf that knits up fast and flat. I'm going to check now and see if I got any answers.
In my internet browsing last night, I came across a hat pattern that seemed easier than ones I've seen before. I can knit it flat, and then sew the seam, so I don't have to know how to "knit in the round" yet. Perhaps I'll work on that later or tomrorrow?






0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home