Father's Day Tie finished

A little on the way a little on the way home and the tie was long enough (55 inches, according to the pattern). I did so nicely toward the beginning, but toward the end I had all kind of mess ups -- especially on the way home I realized that the tie had completely fallen off the needle and i had to find the stitches and then more seemed to fall or perhaps i had incompletely rescued them and then all of a sudden i'm doing garter cause it's all i can think to do when i'm nervous, creating bumps in all the wrong places, but then I finally got it together and went into pattern. Oh, this is the first time I bound off in pattern, too. So, it still looks thin, but I stretched it out a bit which not only helps but makes the rib pattern stand out more clearly. Aaron tried it on to see where I should sew the small tie keeper, and he had some trouble putting it on. It is a little smaller than the average tie, but I think it looked kind of nice.

This took a few tries. I think it looks nice with the shirt he's wearing.
After I took the picture, I sewed on the tie keeper and now i'm done with that project.

Close up, though I don't remember it looking crooked in real life.

back

front

one more close up
Now I'm wondering, do I go back to the "Branching Out" scarf, even though it's way too hot to wear it for a while (just to finish what I start) or should I try to work on something more summery.
Oh, Olga is making me the poncho I've always wanted that eluded me -- the poncho that got away. It's in a lovely color, Beach, from knitpicks. Can't wait!






0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home