michelleknits

My name is Michelle, and I knit. This is me, knitting. Well, it's not me, it's my blog. Yes, this is my blog. And I knit. I'm learning more every day. Well, not every day but most days. Oh, and I'm vegan. I like it that way.

Monday, November 14, 2005

Because I need another retro sweater


I like this. It's called "Brilliant Retro" by Teva Durham from the new Interweave Knits (it's not out yet; it's from the preview which you can check out here). It takes 7 or 8 balls of Paton's Brilliant, and at 4 dollars a ball (and maybe even cheaper other places), that's not a very expensive sweater to make. I'm not so into knitting with the shiny stuff, but this one just might change my mind.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I loved that sweater too, can't wait to see the pattern so that I can see what I might be able to use from stash for it. Brilliant isn't that hard to sub gauge wise you know, so if you don't want the shine it should be a doddle to do it shiny-less!

I'm so into small gauge and retro looking knits it's silly at the moment! lol

Monday, November 14, 2005 6:16:00 AM  
Blogger bitterknitter said...

That is a cute sweater, I might buy this IK since there were a couple others that I like the look of!

Monday, November 14, 2005 11:37:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, that was on my radar from that issue as well. one thing i love about teva durham is her affinity for affordable yarns. wonder if this is scratchy?

Monday, November 14, 2005 6:10:00 PM  
Blogger Atouria said...

Good taste! This was one of the few sweaters that actually caught my eye in the IK preview. Phildar, Rowan, and Debbie Bliss have been tugging at my knitting needles though. I've just got to pic the right subs & colors for them.
That being said, I bet this sweater becomes a popular one for a KAL.

Saturday, November 19, 2005 8:14:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home