michelleknits

My name is Michelle, and I knit. This is me, knitting. Well, it's not me, it's my blog. Yes, this is my blog. And I knit. I'm learning more every day. Well, not every day but most days. Oh, and I'm vegan. I like it that way.

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Little Shell Pattern Legwarmers

Do you like?


Come closer...


Little Shell Pattern Legwarmers
Needles: us 8 circ (12") plastic clover
Yarn: 2 balls rowan calmer in "calm" (thanks, I needed that)
co 51 sts.
k2p2 rib for 20 rows (one purl stitch will end each round)
Start "Little Shell Pattern" (from The Ultimate Sourcebook of Knitting and Crochet Stitches
row 1: knit
row 2: knit
row 3: k2, *yo, p1, p3tog, p1, yo, k2; rep from * to end
row 4: knit
repeat pattern 24 times.
dec row: k1, *k2tog, k5; rep from * to end, k1 -- 44 stitches
k2p2 rib for 20 rows
bind off

I finished the first of these Monday night and cast on for the second one right after. I'm just a few repeats in for the second one cause I slept most of the day yesterday since I stayed home sick. More later.

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, you're whipping those things out fast! :o) I like the stitch pattern, very nice!

Hope you feel better soon.

Wednesday, November 09, 2005 8:52:00 AM  
Blogger vania said...

wow, how amazing, and detailed. you are a whiz at knitting! gorgeous!

Wednesday, November 09, 2005 11:20:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are great too, just like the last pair! And I'm glad I turned you on to Calmer. ;)

Wednesday, November 09, 2005 1:58:00 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

I love them! You're really flying through the legwarmers . . . and inspiring me to make some too!

Thursday, November 10, 2005 12:14:00 PM  
Blogger The DeDe said...

Ok, I have a fabulous idea. Quit Teaching...
and open up a legwarmer store! At your store you could hold knitting classes and that could be your teaching outlet. You could have a movie class where they watch movies with knitting references. Oh, the possibilities.

Thursday, November 10, 2005 12:59:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home