Two Thanksgivings, Two Crafty Projects

Thursday, November 24, 2005. Here I am on the car ride from my parents' house to my uncle's house in New Jersey for Thanksgiving #1. In the botton left corner is the beginning of a new (surprise surprise) legwarmer (!) out of (another surprise) rowan calmer (!!) that the lovely Anna sent me.

Thanksgiving Table #1 (Stuff we ate: vegetables and dip, pumpkin soup, cranberry relish, yam muffins, stuffing, green beans, unturkey and gravy, etc. plus my dad's apple pie and my pumpkin pie!)

Friday, November 25, 2005. Here is the legwarmer on the way to Thanksgiving #2, at Aaron's mom's house in Buffalo.

Thanksgiving Table #2 (Stuff we ate: biscuits, yams, squash, salad, unturkey and gravy, stuffing, mashed potatoes that I made, and pies)

Saturday, November 26, 2005. It snowed the night before. I decided to begin the second legwarmer up to the part that I left off on the first one, to see how much yarn I had and how long I could make them.

Aaron found a really cool function on the camera.

We went out to JoAnn's Fabrics. Here's a picture Aaron took on the way.

And Aaron's mom helped me look for patterns. The simplicity patterns were on sale for 99 cents each! So I got ten (that was the limit), some Caron Simply Soft to make this and other future projects, a hat needle, and some cotton interlock fabric in red and magenta to make t-shirts!

We traced the patterns out on to sheets without cutting into the patterns. And then cut them out. This took for-ev-er, but we agreed that it would make it easier to use the pattern again since I wanted to make a small (for me) and a medium (for Aaron). OR I could have just bought two patterns since they were so cheap--argh!
I have no pictures of me finishing up the shirt cause all the boys were watching movies. I didn't have the patience to finish Aaron's shirt that night.

Sunday, November 27, 2005. Aaron's mom helped me by finishing up Aaron's t-shirt.

I knit some more and Aaron played some more with the color functions on our camera. That's strawberry emergen-c in the cup, if you're curious. My lips are even a little red in this one.
The ride home was uneventful except for traffic and rubbernecking and all the things you would expect.
-- --

Friday, December 2, 2005. Fast forward a few days later. I am wearing the new t-shirt and binding off the legwarmers to wear them out that night. It was cold and they helped.

Done!

Saturday, December 3, 2005. We wake up late, Aaron jumps into the shower to head out to meet old friends, and he wears his new shirt for the first time.
I had this vision yesterday, sort of like a day dream which isn't unusual at all for me, but the weird thing about it is that it involved my blog. I was posing for a picture for this thanksgiving posting and I was giving a thumbs up sign, which is something I rarely if ever do, and my sleeve was covering my thumb, to show how nice and long the sleeves on my new t-shirt are. We never took this picture.






7 Comments:
sounds like a nice thanksgiving weekend. i love that shirt you made for aaron, i'm so impressed!
i like your leg warmers too - pretty colors!
Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving. Great job on the tshirts. I have yet to make a tshirt. Somehow the material seems like it would be hard to manage.
You know, I never would have thought of mixing those colours together but they look great! Glad you found a use for the yarn and well done knitting them so fast!
Your Thanksgivings look fab, we had ours yesterday with my parents finally!
Oh and I meant to say with patterns that I cut mine the largest size and then fold back the edges to the size I'm making, that way I can use the same pattern for me and my skinny husband or smaller Mother! You can also buy tracing fabric which is nice and easy to use, it's sort of like interfacing (cheap interfacing would work fine as a substitute) and I've even heard of people using baking parchment to trace patterns with!
everyone who lives in NYC and goes to the burbs for thanksgiving is irresistably drawn to joann that weekend. this proves it! ;) (if two people make a bon fide societal trend, that is, you + me)
Fun trip! and great pictures, thanks for sharing them.
It looks like you had a busy and FUN Thanksgiving!! The legwarmers and shirts are so cute. :) Thanks for the well wishes on my blog!
Post a Comment
<< Home