michelleknits

My name is Michelle, and I knit. This is me, knitting. Well, it's not me, it's my blog. Yes, this is my blog. And I knit. I'm learning more every day. Well, not every day but most days. Oh, and I'm vegan. I like it that way.

Friday, March 16, 2007

I Get Lifted

I'm home sick with body aches and a fever for the first time since I've moved here, and it's making me dwell on bummer thoughts. My friend, Ross, moved back to Sacramento last weekend. My first friend to leave, and I know it won't be the last. You can't get me to say a harsh word about Portland, but one thing it definitely is is transient. And it's making me think about leaving my friends in NYC and how I've kept in terrible touch with most of them, and that makes me sad. I miss them! I miss YOU! And I know I said I'd only write about crafts here, but you notice I've been away from the blog for two months since that declaration. Knitting has been slllloooowwww. I miss that, too!

But things are mostly rad. The weather has been warm and lovely. I've been trying to keep active every day, and that's been making me feel really good. I've been eating lots of great food and going to potlucks like nobody's business. And spending lots of good times with good friends. Before Ross left, he competed in the most awesome dance skating competition, and I was lucky to get to see it for myself. Aaron caught about half of it on video, and it makes me happy every time I watch it. So I got out of bed to write this post and share it with you!


Click the picture to have a look see!

I hope you all have been well!

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

Blogger krissy said...

hey, your friend is pretty good on those rollerskates!
my most favourite part of this post? your "labels" at the bottom! hee hee heeeeee

Friday, March 16, 2007 7:22:00 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

Oh my goodness, I miss you too!! Sorry to hear you're not feeling well and bummed out. But the upside of having to say goodbye to friends is having the good fortune of making that connection in the first place!

Roller skating! I hope Ross has gone to Sacramento to pursue competitive roller skating because he's super!

Talk soon!

Saturday, March 17, 2007 8:52:00 AM  
Blogger vania said...

Google aside, i'm glad to see a new post from you. The roller skating pic makes me wish even more there was a place in Toronto!

Saturday, March 17, 2007 7:04:00 PM  
Blogger Carla said...

Welcome back to blogging. Yeah Google was obnoxious about the upgrade.

Friends moving away, sigh. I know that too well.

Hope you're fever and achies go away real soon.

(vania: There's a roller-rink in the works for Toronto!)

Sunday, March 18, 2007 12:22:00 PM  
Blogger spajonas said...

we've definitely missed you around these parts! glad to see you're back on the blog. be a rebel! don't just post about crafting! post about your life! we'd all be happy to hear about it :)

Monday, March 19, 2007 5:04:00 PM  
Blogger mishka said...

I miss that rink, Michelle. I had such a great time that night (but I just remembered your poor knee. eep!) and I came home sad that we don't have a rink. But Carla - we're getting one?? No way!

Sorry you were feeling so crappy. Hope you're better!

Monday, March 19, 2007 8:23:00 PM  
Blogger carrie said...

hey, this post didn't show up in my bloglines! i totally miss you and hope you can come visit. i wish i were a dance skating champ.

Sunday, March 25, 2007 10:05:00 PM  
Blogger Robyn Wade said...

Vegan potlucks and dancing on roller skates, what more could you want? I totally understand about the transient thing, that is what made us leave Virginia. We loved the people and all of the vegan food, but it is so hard to watch your friends come and go. Philip and I will be in Portland in May, but I am not sure how much time we will actually spend in the city. We are staying in a cabin somewhere in the mountains for most of the trip, but I still really want to meet up with you. Maybe just for some coffee or something.

Tuesday, March 27, 2007 11:30:00 AM  
Blogger jAe said...

michelle, i certainly know how sometimes the blog (and the knit) can slip right out from under you and then all of a sudden a month (or more!) has gone by.
as my boyf and i talk about summer plans, i fantasize about a road trip out west. if we think we'd make it to oregon, i'll be sure to drop a line.
xox

Friday, May 04, 2007 9:44:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope your absence is fun of busy fun! You should join our swap - veganpal2.blogspot.com

Thursday, August 02, 2007 10:44:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nyc misses you! but nyc is probably just as transient as portland. makes you wonder what places are *not* transient these days... ah well. there's always roller skating! (and btw, i like hearing about your non-knitting!)

Monday, August 06, 2007 8:28:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home