michelleknits

My name is Michelle, and I knit. This is me, knitting. Well, it's not me, it's my blog. Yes, this is my blog. And I knit. I'm learning more every day. Well, not every day but most days. Oh, and I'm vegan. I like it that way.

Sunday, June 26, 2005

Yarn Crawl


The Point

So, just really quickly and I hope to add more. I went on a yarn crawl and met 9 other knitters, all nice and fun in their own ways. I'm having trouble remembering all names but they were: Nicole, Jewel, Maria, Jill, Carol, Katy, Karen, Jessica, and yikes I thought I had them all. And now I'm not sure if it was Jessica or Jennifer. But she worked at the yarn store I've been to and helped me to unknit once.

First, The Point. I really really liked it here. It had a nice energy that made me feel good. I had mango juice and bought southwest bamboo yarn.


also The Point


the bus to our next destination...

Second, Habu Textiles. A very tight space where I had to ask for a lot of help to figure things out but I got Japanese paper yarn and 100% pineapple yarn!

at Habu

All kinds of neat things at Habu!

I mostly included this picture because I really like Jennifer's bag. It's made out of bathing suits!

Third, School Products. A super large store, and I was overwhelmed by all of the massive cones of yarn. I'm not sure if I have room in my life for that kind of thing, at least not yet. I bought Japanese knitting tape here in a soft sky/minty color.



At School Products. This is Jewell and we bought the same Japanese tape yarn.

I was kind of intimidated by the amount of yarn one can buy on a spool. There was a lot of nice hemp, though.

After this was lunch at Maui taco. It was really good. I had a vegetarian taco with potatoes, beans, lettuce, tomato, and guacomole to replace the cheese. It also came with very good tortilla chips, side bar with cilantro, lime, and salsa. All good. People knitted at the table, but not me cause I left that at home to leave space for yarn.


Nicole is knitting the ruffles scarf from SCARF STYLE that I have been wanting to make.

This is most of the group (it was hard to get everyone in from where I was standing) at Maui Taco. It was good.

I was starting to feel like I should drop out at this point, but I tried to push myself to continue. We moved on to...

Fourth, String on madison avenue. I mention where it was located because the attitude completely changed. People had weird experiences that implied they thought we didn't have enough money or came to buy, etc. There was nothing that really stood out to me that I had to get. I really didn't want to buy anything more anyway.

I really started to feel weak on the walk to store 5: Knitting 321 or something like that. I saw how close we were to Candle Cafe, and I said goodbye to everyone and got a juice there.

I'm supposed to meet up some of the women to go to Renegade tomorrow. Hopefully I can get up the energy to do that.




This is what I came home with. Stitch markers, 10 1/2 addis turbos, 3 balls of bamboo in "azure," 1 "paper" yarn and 1 "pineapple" yarn, and 4 japanese tape yarns.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home