michelleknits

My name is Michelle, and I knit. This is me, knitting. Well, it's not me, it's my blog. Yes, this is my blog. And I knit. I'm learning more every day. Well, not every day but most days. Oh, and I'm vegan. I like it that way.

Sunday, June 26, 2005

You're the renegade


This is Jenny. I'm embarrassed to admit that I cropped myself out of the picture, but since my face is not on this blog, I don't think this is the picture I would want to be my debut. But she looks adorable, though. I want to put this picture further down in my post, but when I try, it gets deleted.

I got back from the Renegade Craft Fair not too long ago. It was at the park in Williamsburg so it was a little thorny to get there with the shuttle bus situation on my subway line, but once I got there, it was ok. Though, it turns out, I was waiting outside of the wrong pizza place. When Jessica (now I'm sure it's Jessica, and the person whose name I couldn't remember was Jennifer) told me "meet outside the really great pizza place" I said "Sure!" figuring I would find it somehow. When I got there, I found a pizza place that said "the art and science of pizza" so I figured it has to be good. But that wasn't the one, though they found me and called me over. All told, Jessica, Nicole, and Katy, the one who organized the yarn crawl from yesterday, showed up.

I was most looking forward to seeing: Frecklewonder (Jenny Mitchell), My Paper Crane (Heidy Kenney), and Lekkner (who I haven't spoken to that much but knew of as a crafty vegan through Herbivore magazine). Heidy was sweet, though perhaps somewhat shy (not unlike myself at times), so when I came up to her like I knew her, that might have freaked her out at first. I forget that I know what people look like, but most on the internet don't know what I look like. After seeing her (and Jessica bought one of her plushy fortune cookies), I bought a coaster that is a melted 45 record of "Strut" by Sheena Easton. I told the woman who made them that I have a secret crush on that song, so I had to get it!

Next I met Jenny, and it was really exciting and fun. Nicole was so excited that she took pictures of us, too (See picture above). She (Jenny) wanted me to pick something out, so I got a really cute burgundy bag with felt birds sewed on it. I love her stuff, and she's really just so adorable. Nice to meet you, Jenny!

I bumped into Erika Somogyi, though I'm remembering now that I didn't get to check out her stuff. And, she was wearing a great hat, but I did too much shopping to buy one.

I bought a "I buy vinyl" ring and a crocheted cherry barrette at I don't know where.

I didn't meet Lekkner cause she wasn't there at the time I stopped by, but I did buy her "Steak is Wack" t-shirt. It is!

Oh, what else... I saw a bag with vintage corn fabric on the outside and a tractor on the inside. It was perfect, but I didn't have money, so after lunch I came back to get it!

I should have really said enough by this point, but I had already gone to get more money, so well, I don't know, I did buy more stuff: 2 handmade dresses by I'm not sure but they were really beautiful. I will look at the stuff more closely later and find where they were made. She had a tent to try the clothes on, and it was super hot in there!

I'm so glad to be home, though, I thought Aaron and I would hang out, but we're too hot to think to do much.

And it was fun to see those girls again. I was by myself for much of the time cause I tend to stay a while and talk at the places I know and like, etc. Perhaps I'll get myself to the Stich n bitch on Tuesday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home