Jessie is a friend...Yeah I know, (s)he's been a good friend of mine...
Yeah, I used to like Rick Springfield. See Jen's (of I Like To Knit fame) recent post about Rick Springfield and General Hospital and you'll understand why I've been thinking about him lately. Combine this with the fact that I have a friend Jessie (as in Jessica) whose birthday is tomorrow and party is tonight and you'll see why I've had "Jessie's Girl" stuck in my head for the last couple of days. Forget about the fact that very few people call her Jessie anymore; she's Jess now, but see, she's my old high school friend and she's always been Jessie to me. We lost touch for awhile, long enough that we both moved around a couple of times, and now we're both in New York again, specifically, "the city" (this is what people who grew up in the burbs always called it). In the interim, she became Jess whose birthday party is tonight as I mentioned, and why don't I just show you the hat I made for her present since you came for the knitting after all.

It's still the same hat pattern from Last Minute Knitting Gifts (woman's size this time), with some slight variation in how I finished the crown of the hat.

I like it.
I wish that I had Jessie's hat... (just kidding)
----
Added later: For the past three days, I come home late from work and find the peach post office slip in my mailbox. They never say who it's from except the last one included the zip code. I look up the zipcode on the internet and the first hit is "Lexington, KY" -- Oooh ooh, I know who that is! So I just got back from the post office, and this is what the most excellent and crafty Robyn lent me:

Yeah! First up, my friend Jenn's "Winter Fairy" costume. Now she's asked me to help, which is sweet, but come on Jenn, didn't you see me in sewing class? I think I'm better at moral support and ideas rather than the actual sewing craft (though the t-shirts -- with extreme help from AA's mom -- show a glimmer of hope for me yet). First though, I need to figure out what a winter fairy might wear. Any suggestions? She's thinking tulle, but what else? Any pictures on the web or elsewhere you could point us to?






4 Comments:
cool book and great hat!
The shawl I'm knitting is for my sister for Christmas so I kind of need to get it done and in the mail to her soon! Also I'm fed up with knitting it and I just want it done! Only 14 rows and then the border to do, sounds great except the rows are about 500 stitches long now! lol
I admit I did cast on for a hat for myself for some light relief though and it's fun knitting, I'm doing a few rows between shawl rows to keep me going!
you are so funny! too bad rick doesn't seem to have aged very well.
cute hat! i grew up in southern connecticut and we used to call NYC "the city" too.
now that i live in queens, i call manhattan "the city," even though i actually live in the city. anyway.
i totally heart rick springfield. perhaps the greatest line in pop music is, "i feel so dirty when they start talking cute; i wanna tell her that i love her but the point is prolly moot."
What I always thought was really funny was the part where he says "and she's watching him with those eyes...and she's loving him with that body I just know it."
Post a Comment
<< Home