michelleknits

My name is Michelle, and I knit. This is me, knitting. Well, it's not me, it's my blog. Yes, this is my blog. And I knit. I'm learning more every day. Well, not every day but most days. Oh, and I'm vegan. I like it that way.

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

2nd Annual


We already passed our one-year anniversary with our city this August (and we celebrated by singing "Mr. Brownstone" at a tiki/karaoke bar when all the "gathering" vegans were in town) but it didn't feel like a full year then. Summers are typically transient for us, as our main tradition was to try to be somewhere, anywhere else than NYC in the summertime. And we did spend a nice amount of this summer elsewhere, too. But as I see the Portland rainy season come and go and come and go again, similar to the way it did last October, I'm thinking more about the traditional and the yearly as the fall really begins to set in.

I missed the Zine Symposium and the Soapbox Derby both for two years in a row. I remember hearing that some new friends of mine went to the Apple Festival last year, and this year I am going to go with them. Last year I missed PISS Fest, but this year it's called 10 or Less and I better make it to at least one of the nights they are showing.

This weekend is the 2nd Annual pumpkin carving party at my neighbors' house, the one where I won the "friendliest pumpkin" award. I can't wait to pick out my pumpkin for this year!

I think that's what I wanted to write about the most: it's now been a full year since I've had a neighborhood.

(Which is perfect, because Aaron has not one but two powder-blue Mr. Rogers cardigans -- ha!)

8 Comments:

Blogger carrie said...

i loved your pumpkins last year! it was super friendly. can't wait to see what you come up with ...

Wednesday, October 17, 2007 9:08:00 AM  
Blogger Robyn Wade said...

I love the pumpkins!!

I am so glad to hear you sang karaoke again!! We are planning another trip to Oregon hopefully late in the spring so we should get together again.

Wednesday, October 17, 2007 10:05:00 AM  
Blogger krissy said...

happy portland anniversary!

here's a weird thing: i clicked on your pumpkin photo above to take a closer look at the jack o' lantern faces, and it seems there is a mysterious phantom jogger in the left hand window. could it be an athletic poltergeist?

Wednesday, October 17, 2007 2:21:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you have been on a blogging tear the last few days. yay!

can't wait to see what your pumpkin looks like this year. :)

Wednesday, October 17, 2007 11:29:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that photo! Are there any photos of A in his cardigans on your Flickr?

Thursday, October 18, 2007 2:41:00 AM  
Blogger mishka said...

Happy Portlandversary, Michelle and Aaron!!

Thursday, October 18, 2007 7:31:00 AM  
Blogger Casey said...

Have fun at the pumpkin party! We had one last year and it was so much fun! I really wanted to have one this year but we're going to be out of town. Care a great pumpkin for me!

Thursday, October 18, 2007 2:48:00 PM  
Blogger KitteeBee said...

did you win again? it sounds lovely, and happy pdx anniversary.

xo
kittee

Saturday, October 27, 2007 9:19:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home